After teaching the course for a year I have built up a small number of links and resources for the OCR ICT A specification.
I have paperwork and guides for both coursework 1a and coursework 1b shortly. As well as some general links that may be useful for students and teachers.
I have tried to provide my notes in PDF form as this seems to be the best way to distribute them. If people would rather have an alternative file format then just ask.
- OCR course website the makers of this specification.
- Course Specification for OCR GCSE ICT A.
- Mail merge guide A guide from Microsoft on how to do a mail merge using MS word.
- HTML guide How to make web pages and write HTML by the people who define what HTML is.
This is an out of date original copy of the coursework task I set. Although with some altering of the material (due to making sure that OCRs demands were met) some of my students followed the work and got good grades.
- Coursework 1a Task specification [Short Book (Word Processing Exercise)]
- Coursework 1a (and some 1b) FAQs taken from the OCR website for going over with students.
- Coursework 1a tick sheet